We do a lot of custom work here and a lot of it is very cool and fun. There's also things we get so many requests for that we've standardized the approaches and are able to deliver at costs less than typical custom work.
Here's just a few of our favorites
Peace Vans Under-The-Van battery Tray
The ultimate auxiliary battery system.
We don't know about you, but when it comes to extra battery power for extended off the grid camping, our answer is usually: more, please! The stock set up is very limiting and very little battery power can be safely operated from under the drivers seat. So, with that, we spend a few days brainstorming and a few years back we prototyped and installed a handful of these systems. After watching them run in the wild with ZERO issues for over two years, we made the leap to offer them to all our customers. Available Now!
The system starts with a custom fabricated battery tray - high grade steel, powder coated and made here in Seattle. We install the tray in the negative space between the frame rails on the passengers side of the van. The tray tucks in perfectly and we maximized the size of the tray so you can put a 160aH true deep cycle battery in.
We used heavy gauge wiring, all properly treated and heat shield protected, to wire the battery up to a series of electronics inside your van. Our custom system allows your battery to smartly switch between shore power (from the plug on the side of your van), solar (or wind), and your van's alternator.
- 160 aH of juice. Depending on your usage pattern, it can enough for well over a week off grid. Add a solar panel and call it done - no need to ever plug in.
- Tested and proven in all climates
- Top end electronics to control and manage the system. No shortcuts taken on the components.
The Coolest/Hottest Upgrade
Is that 30 year old Dometic fridge just not cutting it any more (no offense intended, some of them still work great!)? Want to extend your camping season to all four seasons? Kill the proverbial two birds with one stone and upgrade your van-life experience with a brand new refrigerator and propane heater - installed beautifully and elegantly in the existing fridge space.
- The Truckfridge 49 (TF49) has almost 50% more space than the stock fridge
- The TF49 actually makes ice!
- A recent desert camping trip (temps > 100 degrees) confirmed that the TF49 will keep food frozen all week (actual length depends on your battery set up)
- Propex heat system operates on a thermostat to keep your van warm and toasty all night
- Propex installs neatly under the fridge and looks like it belongs
- Safely leave your Propex running while you surf, hike, fish or forage and come back to a warm van
- Eliminate the rust/water leak potential from your existing flue for the stock fridge (note, the TF49 model does not run on propane - only AC/DC)