From time to time we will restore vans exclusively for a customer and built it to their specification (we do have a well defined set of best parameters and will help in the selection process). These are very special projects and are essentially custom built vehicles. We tend to do less than 3 of these a year. The timelines for these project are typically a year in length.
A Peace Van is a late model Vanagon that has had every system rebuilt and upgraded. While most of them have Subaru motors, that is not a requirement - and, in fact, since it's your vehicle we are building there are not any true requirements other than what you want.
To learn more about working with Peace Vans to build a custom Peace Van for you, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's some photos of our two most recently delivered Peace Vans that were full Westys - Peace Vans #14 and #17.
Peace Van #17
Deanna and Jorge, contacted us back in 2013 to inquire about a Peace Van for them. Over the next year, they often contacted the shop to ask more questions, get more information and figure out if a Peace Van was something they really wanted. In the fall of 2014, they answered with a resounding YES! and we signed a contract and started work on the Bordeaux Red 1989 Vanagon we had in stock for the next Peace Van project. The build list was extensive, but here's a high level summary:
- Subaru EJ25 motor. 165HP and modern engine performance and electronics
- Rebuilt automatic transmission with addition of a Limited Slip Differential for much, much, much improved traction
- Complete body restoration with brand new paint job. Windows out, doors off. Packed with sound deadening insulation when rebuilt for a quieter and warmer ride. Windows tinted with highest quality, ceramic tint
- Full suspension overhaul and rebuilt with all polyurethane for a smoother and tighter ride. All components removed and powder coated
- Rebuilt brake, fuel and coolant systems. All new lines, parts, and more. Upgrades including stainless steel pipes, big brakes, and more
- Fully upgraded camping experience - Peace Vans auxiliary battery set up with Truckfridge/Propex combo. New 3 window tent and a Fiamma awning.
- The list goes on...LED lighting, SA Grille and high watt headlights, bluetooth radio, new speakers, carpets, etc.
Here's a few photos
And in their words:
Having camped our entire lives we were finally ready to move up to something like Vanagon. We thought long and hard about the decision, but ultimately decided to work with Peace Vans to build the van of our dreams. We were lucky enough to have them build Peace Van #17 for us. The project was an extensive one, but they were wonderful to work with, kept us informed throughout and were always available to answer any questions or adjust the plans. We love, love, love our Peace Van and would recommend them for a custom build like ours or any type of restoration or service. Thank you Peace Vans! D and J., Seattle, WA
Peace Van #14
Coincidentally the same color as #17, Peace Van #14 was as extensive as #17. However, #14 went for a full overhaul of the interior as well - all new fabrics, seat coverings, curtains and those awesome leather Recaro seats. Here's a few shots of #14